Harvest Festival at the TESC Organic Farm
rain or shine!
Photos by Think Organic
The Evergreen State College's 23rd annual Community Gardens Harvest Festival
and Full Moon Celebration, featuring food, music and workshops and activities
for adults and kids.
If you've been itching to rejoice in the coming of fall -- and the edible bounty of the season -- you'll get your chance Saturday at the 23rd annual Harvest Festival and Full Moon Celebration at The Evergreen State College.
Events run all day at the college's organic farm and community gardens and include gourmet food, bands and a variety of activities for all ages.
"This is a time for celebration, and it only comes around once a year," said Taryn Goodman, event organizer and TESC student. "The workshops are going to be absolutely amazing and informational."
Workshops include tutorials on everything from composting to biodiesel to bamboo maintenance.
Families can join in scavenger hunts, paper-making and insect crafts as well as other activities such as pumpkin carving, candle-making and sack races.
"For every hour, there are two workshops and a kids' activity," Goodman said.
- When: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: The organic farm and community gardens at The Evergreen State College, 2712 Lewis Road, Olympia.
- Cost: Admission is free. Food items cost $1 to $3 each.
- Information: Call 360-866-6000, ext. 6145.
- Online: View a gallery of photos from a harvest festival work party at The Evergreen State College. See them in the Living section at www.theolympian.com.
The Olympian Online
Sarah Jackson writes for The Olympian and can be reached at 360-704-6871 or email@example.com.
©2003 The Olympian